Since the launch of the United Nations' (U.N.'s) Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) in 2015, G20 nations have attempted to implement effective means to enhance the achievability of the goals - with limited success. The scale and challenge of the SDGs has meant that the global community has struggled to implement the work programs that have been set out to achieve them. Therefore, the task force will focus on issues that prioritize an implementation-focused agenda. It also intends to develop policy briefs that will seek to incentivize private sector support for SDGs, recognize the importance of universal health coverage and help support regional development initiatives for sustainable and inclusive growth. Further, the task force will focus on developing implementation and monitoring strategies to ensure the accomplishment of the SDGs along with the additional aim of enhancing development cooperation among member nations.
- Enhancing G20 strategies for development cooperation with least developed countries
- Incentivizing the private sector to support the SDGs
- Improving the G20's capacity to deliver and monitor the U.N.'s 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development demonstrating the need for urgent action
- Supporting regional development initiatives for sustainable and inclusive growth
- Improving the G20's support of gender equality and the economic empowerment of women
- Recognizing the importance of universal health coverage (SDG 3)
- Making urban areas livable and sustainable for all