This task force will focus on the priorities for policy action on global financial governance, including the cooperation between multinational and regional authorities to manage financial stability in developed and developing countries.
The task force will also discuss encouraging inclusive financial sector development via new instruments, including the role of Islamic finance. It will also examine the governance and regulation of cryptocurrency and fintech, their impacts on the international monetary system, their potential use in money laundering and terror financing, and how these activities can be monitored.
- Managing risks and crises in capital flows and international institutions
- Old and new threats: making financial institutions as modern as the markets
- Encouraging inclusive financial sector development in developing and emerging economies
- Governing and regulating cryptocurrency and fintech, and their impacts on the international monetary system
- Global financial governance, the cooperation between multinational and regional authorities, central bank independence and revisiting the G20's Eminent Persons Group
- Global financial monitoring of money laundering, terror financing and the efficiency of financial institutions
- The role of Islamic finance